The American Board of NLP was founded in 1995 by Dr. A. M. Krasner as an adjunct to the American Board of Hypnotherapy and has functioned as its sister organization since then. We have a convention every February on President’s Day weekend in Newport Beach with the ABH. Today we have over 500 institutes worldwide approved at the Trainer Level of NLP, and thousands of members. We believe in NLP and we believe in Hypnosis as being most excellent ways of creating our own personal growth and development.
The ABNLP certification is the largest NLP certification body in the world. All ABNLP certificates are recognised through-out the world.
NLP Practitioner Level
A. Duration of Training: Minimum of 120 hours of training in the basics of NLPpatterns taught by a Certified Trainer, or a certified Master Practitioner under the supervision of a trainer.
B. Demonstration of ability to identify the following basic skills, techniques, patterns and concepts of NLP and to utilize them competently with self and with others.
1.Behavioral integration of the basic presuppositions of NLP, including:
a. Outcome orientation with respect for others’ models of the world and the ecology of the system.
b. Distinction between map and territory.
c. There is only feedback (cybernetic)-no failure.
d. Meaning of your communication is the response you get.
e. Adaptive intent of all behavior.
f. Everyone has the necessary resources to succeed.
g. Resistance is a signal of insufficient pacing.
h. Law of requisite variety.
2. Rapport, establishment and maintenance of.
3. Pacing and Leading (verbal and non verbal).
4. Calibration (sensory based experience).
5. Representational systems (predicates, and accessing cues).
8. Elicitation of well-formed, ecological outcomes
and structures of present state.
9. Overlap and Translation.
10. Metaphor creation.
11. Frames; contrast, relevancy, As If, Backtrack.
12. Anchoring (VAK).
13. Anchoring Techniques (contextualized to the field of application).
14. Ability to shift consciousness to external or internal, as required by the moment’s task.
15. Dissociation and Association.
18. Verbal and non-verbal elicitation of responses.
19. Accessing and building of resources.
21. Strategies; detection, elicitation, utilization, & installation.
22. Demonstration of behavioral flexibility.
The American Board of Hypnotherapy was founded in 1982 by Dr. A. M. Krasner as The California Board of Hypnotherapy. Within a short time it grew to be the American Board of Hypnotherapy with members all over the world–wherever Hypnosis is taught, we probably have a member. We have a convention every February in Las Vegas, NV. Today we have over 1000 institutes worldwide approved at the Trainer Level of Hypnosis, and tens of thousands of members. We believe in Hypnosis as being most excellent ways of creating our own personal growth and development.